- Fuel Cell
- MEA and MEA Components
- Electro-spinning Process
- Benefits of Nanofiber Structure
- Further Information & Contact
An Electrochemical Conversion Device that Produces Zero Emission
Fuel Cell Vehicle Samples
Schema of a Fuel Cell
The Heart of the Fuel Cell
Technology that Enables Mass Adoption of the Fuel Cell Technology
Electrospinning is a widely-known, robust technique for generating polymer nanofibers. Typically, a syringe is filled with a polymer solution, and then placed in an electric field. When sufficient voltage is supplied between the syringe needle and grounded collector electrode, jets are formed in the solution. With suitable viscoelastic properties, polymer fibers are formed and dry as they are deposited onto the collector.
Using the electro-spinning process, EMD Performance Materials has developed a unique coating technology that delivers a nanofibrous catalyst layer, which is efficient in utilizing active area, lowering Pt loading, and is scalable to automotive production volumes.
Lower Platinum Content, higher Performance and Durability
|Highly porous, ordered structure with large survace area and high gas accessibility||High fuel cell performance at low catalyst loading|
|Uniform distribution of active catalyst sites||More uniform catalyst aging, without "hot spots" of carbon corrosion|
|Controlled morphology of catalyst layer||Promotes formation of 3-phase boundary, mitigates possible structural effects of degradation|
Would You like to know more?
- Have a look at our Explorer Magazine article about "Fuel Cells for Zero-Emission Vehicles" and watch the video about how fuel cells work and what their benefits are.
- Driving the fuel cell vehicles of the 2014 LA Auto Show on www.autoblog.com: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/26/translogic-toyota-mirai-vw-passat-hymotion-fuel-cell-drive/
- Also, read in this presentation held on the "World of Energy Solution" on October 6 to 8, in Stuttgart, Germany, in 2014, by Zeeshan Mahmood about the following topic:
- available soon -
For further information please contact email@example.com.
|MEA||Membrane Electrode Assembly|
|PEM||Polymer Electrolyte Membrane|
|FCEV||Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle|
|OEM||Original Equipment Manufacturer|
|GDL||Gas Diffusion Layer|