- exhibits an extremely fast reaction to laser radiation, so that even thin-layer applications such as powder-coated materials can be marked
- marks even light-colored powder coatings
- does not affect the smooth surface of the powder coating
- produces very dark marks
- stays due to its neutral masstone in the background – even in light coatings
- becomes visible only through the laser marking
Iriotec® 8000 – pigment powder for the marking of coated surfaces
- Due to their color neutrality they are suitable for any kind of application – from technical parts to food packing materials.
- They meet
· the limits of heavy metal content according to the European Standard for food packaging materials (Resolution AP (89) 1) as well as the German BfR recommendation
· the requirements* of the American FDA (Food and Drug Administration) concerning food packaging, 21 CFR § 178.3297 (Iriotec® 8850 under investigation)
· the migration limits of the European guideline 2009/48/EC for safe toys in category III (former EN 71-3)**
· European and American packaging waste regulations (CONEG and 94/62/EEC)
· the requirements of the European REACH legislation.
Permanent marking with the power of a laser
- Ablation/engraving. The coating is removed down to the underlying metal or material – in this case pigments are of no meaning.
- Color change through laser pigments that are incorporated into the plastic:
- The pigment powder is therefore incorporated into the powder paint.
- Afterwards, the workpiece is coated as usual.
- After its completion, the coated workpiece is marked with the laser.
- contact-free – It allows high coding performance without mechanical wear as well as clean and razor-sharp markings, even on soft, irregular or curved surfaces.
- ink free – It does not require solvent-based consumables.
- fast – Even moving parts are marked sharp-edged and just at the desired location.
- very flexible – The inscription is programmed through a software and can be individually adjusted to the customer´s needs. Single batch sizes are feasible.
- durable – It is done within rather than on the coating. Thus a pretreatment of the surface is not necessary. Moisture and soiling of the surface are of no significance.
- very economic – Inline marking is fully automatic, avoids costly warehousing of semifinished products, requires only a minimum of maintenance and gets along without consumables.
- safe – Does not impair the protective properties of powder coating.