The new pigment powder Iriotec® 8815 convinces with many talents:
- It enables light markings even in red, blue and green plastics.
Also new – Iriotec® 8850:
With this pigment also very thin layers of plastics and foils can be marked. The pigment powder causes very dark markings in the polymer.
Iriotec® 8800 and Iriotec® 8805 exhibit a very high transparency; they work in a few formulations even without further laser additives with a good result. In combination with Iriotec® 8820 the pigments Iriotec® 8800 and 8805 sustain a light marking. They distinguish themselves through different particle sizes: Iriotec® 8800 exhibits a very low particle size ( < 15 µm), whereas Iriotec® 8805 contains particles between 1 and 110 µm.
Due to their transparent grey color Iriotec® 8820 and 8825 are suited for dark and light markings, especially in light and colored plastics. Since Iriotec® 8820 in addition contains TiO2 it exhibits slightly more covering properties than Iriotec® 8825.
Iriotec® 8830 and Iriotec® 8835 are the black pigment powders in the Iriotec® portfolio. They leave a whitish light mark. Iriotec® 8830 has a slightly larger particle size than Iriotec® 8835 (10 – 60 µm towards < 15 µm)
Iriotec® 8841 is an antimony-free alternative for laser marking. It permits both light an dark markings of colored polymers, no matter if they are light or dark.
When using powder products, it is recommended to incorporate the pigment into a masterbatch or compound (http://www.merck-performance-materials.com/en/pigments/iriotec/iriotec_8000_laserforum/laser_marking_plastics/specialists.html) and ends up in the final product. This has the advantage that carrier systems can be tailored precisely to the final application, and the pigmentation becomes more uniform. For further information see „Applications“.
Iriotec® 8000 pigment powders convince by their:
They are temperature resistant and neutral in color. Due to their low concentration the light-colored pigments remain almost transparent and can be used in a variety of standard plastics, technical polymers and applications.
They are keeping the properties of the materials nearly unchanged.
They can be easily incorporated via masterbatch or compounds into existing formulations. No further consumables or production steps are necessary for marking the finished product.
They unfold their impact even in small amounts and at laser power starting at about five watts.
They allow laser marking at high speeds.
- They meet
- the European Standard for food packaging materials regarding heavy metal content, (Resolution AP (89) 1), and German BfR recommendations.
- the requirements* of the United States FDA (Food and Drug Administration) for food packaging, 21 CFR § 178.3297 (Iriotec® 8815 and 8850 in analysis)
- the migration limits in category III of the European Toys Directive 2009/48/EC for safe toys (formerly EN 71-3)**
- the European and American packaging waste regulations (CONEG and 94/62/EEC)
- the requirements of the European Registration, Evaluation, Authorization of Chemicals (REACH)
* Assessed were applications in plastics according to FDA standards; this is no statement about the pigment.
** Iriotec 8841 not recommended for toys.