The Iriotec® 8000 Series granules are suitable for laser marking a wide range of applications:
- Ear tags for animal identification: Their composition must meet the very stringent animal husbandry requirements.
- Cables and wires: Their high-quality mark with virtually no rejects is a challenge that Iriotec ® 8000 series faces easily.
- Caps and closures: Widely used as information carriers, they require both a robust but fine-line, high-resolution marking.
- Seals and straps: They offer improved security and easier tracking of goods, but must be UV stable as well as weather and solvent resistant.
Iriotec® 8000 granules demonstrate their outstanding performance with regard to marking speed, contrast and resolution in all of these and many more applications.
Iriotec® 8000 granules prove themselves through their:
- They are usable in many thermoplastics.
- They have minimal effect on the properties of most commodity polymers, and can be used in a multitude of production processes.
- They can be employed in all industrial laser marking systems with wavelengths between 355 and 2200 nm.
- They allow high marking speed since their laser active substances react even in weak laser light with a strong color change.
- Due to their outstanding particle size distribution, they offer excellent marking and exceptional contrast.
- They have just a minimal affect on the color of the polymer. This can be corrected with a color addition.
- Their low-dust granular form is clean, easy and safe to handle during storage and production.
- They meet
- the European Standard for food packaging materials regarding heavy metal content, (Resolution AP (89) 1), and German BfR recommendations.
- the requirements of the United States FDA (Food and Drug Administration) for food packaging (21 CFR § 178.3297) – for up to 5% Iriotec® 8208 in wine corks, no limits for Iriotec® 8431.
- the migration limits in category III of the European Toys Directive 2009/48/EC for safe toys (formerly EN 71-3)**
- the European and American packaging waste regulations (CONEG and 94/62/EEC)
- the requirements of the European Registration, Evaluation, Authorization of Chemicals (REACH)
* Assessed were applications in plastics according to FDA standards; this is no statement about the pigment.
You want specific information about our Iriotec®
8000 products or would like technical application advice? Please use the menu item on the right to contact us