The coloration of solid drug forms is a generally accepted and effective way to prevent medication errors and to increase the safety of drug use. Mineral Candurin® pearl effect colors play an important role here. The approved pharmaceutical colors are based on a natural silicate (mica) combined with titanium dioxide and / or iron oxide. A unique and exquisite range is available – from silver and gold and interference up to the iron oxide shades red and bronze. Candurin® is easy to apply in coating systems and widely used for the application in tablets and capsules. Candurin® pearl effect colors are produced according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), undergo stringent EMD Performance Materials quality controls and meet international excipient safety standards. Their application offers sophisticated solutions for product refinement and brand enhancement. The perfect tool for safe and elegant design of pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements.
Candurin® for Pharma Applications
In addition to meeting tough GMP standards and undergoing strict quality controls with every batch, Candurin® pearl effect colors boast a number of features that will help you create your safest products yet.
- Fewer mix-ups: Your customers are far less likely to ingest the wrong medication colored with an eye-catching, unique Candurin®.
- Safe ingredients: Mineral, non-artificial colors are the backbone of the Candurin® line – with the international excipient safety standards, that means more reliable products.
- Counterfeiters beware: The wide range of distinct colors available with Candurin® makes illegal manufacturing that much harder.
Extraordinary Color Effects
With Candurin®, you can choose from a rainbow of shining pearl effects. Depending on particle size (from 5 to 150 micron), you can go for a smooth sheen with maximum hiding power, an all-out burst of glitter, or anything in between. And Candurin®’s versatility doesn’t stop there…
- Beyond color: Pearl effects sell more – studies have shown that users prefer pearlized capsules to ones with conventional matt colors
- Easy and stable formulations: Use Candurin® on its own or combine it with other colorants
- Unique products: With Candurin®, you’re free to create extraordinary color effects for your products that users won’t find anywhere else
Candurin®: Safety is EMD Performance Materials’ top priority. To find out more, please download our brochure “Distinctive effects - Candurin® pearl effect colors for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical applications” (currently unavailable) or contact us for specific coating guidelines. We look forward to hearing from you.